Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011

Recipe 1 - Pasta ala Capers & Anchovies

Today, I decided to grab my cooking spoon again and cook some fine dinner for me and apartment mate last night. Much to my dismay, I was short and yet I couldnt think of anything else than pasta. Buying fast food was a no go on that day - isn't it much more satisfying to have come up with something brought up by your own hands? That was the inspiring thought that brought me into JS Ilustre's grocery inside. With only 250Pesos in my wallet... I thought I would need to think of something simpler and less pasta-like, since I needed to calculate five people who are going to eat tonight.

Much to my surprise I was able to create two different pastas that evening in a wing! With a little bit of raffiness and creativity - I had full folks at the table with having spent not more than 250Pesos.

- RECIPE 1 - 
PASTA ALA CAPERS & ANCHOVIES:

Buying list at JS Ilustre's grocery:

  • half package of pasta noodles (Ram, Php30)
  • cooking oil (much better if olive oil, but ordinary works too, Php35)
  • anchovies (in can, Php100)
  • green capers (in glass, Php58.75)
Step 1 - heat water with a half tablespoon salt. Place the whole pack of noodles (the other half is needed for the second pasta!) and make them al dente by checking on them after seven  minutes and remove pot from the stove.. 
Step 2 - Leave the noodles still for a while in the water. Step 3 - Get a frying pan and heat the green capers and anchovies (add garlic and onions if you like!) and saute all for three minutes add pepper. 
Step 4 - The fun about the story is you can pour the whole content on the top of the noodles and serve it as it is! Do not give efforts to mix the noodles with the capers and anchovies, it will look incredible just the way it is.

To make the serving even more impressive, serve the noodles on a big plate and add some vegetables at the side. It gives the entire story a knack!

Check out my next post to see how easy the second pasta went!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen